Institute called the "Pakistan Hotel Training
Institute" was established by the former
"Department of Tourism" in September,
1967 in collaboration with the Pakistan Hotels,
restaurants and clubs association.
aimed to train for personal hotels,restaurants,air/shipping
lines and in the various catering vocations.Capital
invested was provided by the Government of Pakistan
for the establishment of the Institute. The Institute
functioned under the National Tourism Organization
until mid 1972, when it was registered as a society
under the societies registration ect 1860. Thus
in september, 1972 thereby acquiring its legal
status.Since then the institute has been functioning
as a semiautonomous body administrated by a Board
of Governors including representatives of the
travel trade, and hotel industry, PTDC, Shipping
lines, national airlines and the Ministry of Education.
Ministry of Culture and Tourism functions as the
coordinating, supervisory and controlling agency
for the Institute.The board of Governors of the
institute is presided over by The Secretary, Ministry
of Culture and Tourism.
Institute has been running in the different rented
buildings like 27-D, PECHS from there to 18-CH.
Khaliqu-Zaman road for a period of 10 years. It
kept functioning for 2 years at 15-B-,defense
housing authority, phase-V and for other 10 years
at 55,Old Clifton, Karachi.The Institute ultimately
shifted in its own building March 1999 located
at st-16, block 4, scheme-5, Clifton, Karachi.
It is not difficult to locate the present building
as it is spread on a plot of 12000sq. yds, after
crossing the famous tomb of Abdullah Shah Ghazi.
Affiliation with College of Tourism & Hotel
Management (Cothm Cyprus).
Class Strength :
Person to contact for :
Prerequisites for Admission :
Minimum qualification matric and graduation.
Office Timing :
09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
F&B service. (12 weeks)
2) F&B production & service. (
24 weeks )
3) Bakery's course. ( 16 weeks )
4) Hotel front office. ( 16 weeks )
5) Basic housekeeping course. ( 16 weeks
6) Travel agencies counter service course.
( 12 weeks)
7) Tourist handling service course. ( 1
8) Tourist guide course. ( 8 weeks )
9) Interior decoration & designing.
( 8 weeks )
10) Developing conversation skills course
11) Sales skills development course.
12) Tour planning, packaging and marketing.
13) Laundry skills training course. ( 12
14) Guest retaliating course. ( 16 weeks
15) Fast food course. ( 8 weeks )
16) Chinese food course ( 8 weeks )
Diploma Courses :
1) F&B advanced food production
course. ( 1 year )
2) F&B operation advance course.( 1 year
3) F&B management course. ( 1 year
4) Bakery's advanced course. ( 2 years
5) Elementary hotel management course.
(1 year )
6) Hotel management course. ( 18 months
7) Front office management course. ( 1
8) Housekeeping supervision course. ( 24
9) Housekeeping management course. ( 1
10) Travel agencies management course.
( 1 year )
1) Rashid Hussain Rizwan.( B.Sc. MA )
2) Tariq Moin.(Instructor hotel management
3) Mansoor Iqbal Siddiquie.( Instructor,food
and beverage service)
present building which is constructed on a total
area of 24000sq.ft. Is arrongenated finish and
an effort has been made to give it a shape of
first class Hotel. 16ft high to keep the building
cool, besides 7 class rooms,It has a spacious
training restaurant nicely decorated with ample
of movement, working kitchen with spacious space
available for easy movement of students and instructors,
working bakery, a big hall for seminars and conventions
for about 200 people, library, students common
room, nicely furnished bath rooms, students canteen
and good office space for organizing different
activities within the Institute. In practice hotel
rooms, housekeeping area, 2 big banquet halls
and a working kitchen, a long students cafeteria
on its first floor.The lobby of the Institute
is quite spacious with reception area and accounts
office.The Institute has been offering different
short term and long term certificate and diploma
programs and is also offering a long term diploma
of 2 years, ultimately it has a program to offer
different degree courses in Hotel Management.
The shifts are as follows :
Mr.Usman Ahmed Siddiqui
St-16 Block 5 Scheme 5 Clifton,
Phone: (92) 021-5830012,5835085,583412
Fax: (92) 021-5830834